Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rice Cereal

I took Duncan to the Dr. yesterday, he has been cranky lately and I just wanted to make sure his ears were okay and that his lungs were doing okay as well. He has a stuffy nose so he has to have saline sprayed in his nose at least 5x's a day. Fun! Anyway, he said that we can start giving him rice cereal once a day. So today we tried. Also at the Dr. they weighed him and he is 17lbs. 2oz. I think he is starting to teeth, he is drooling all over the place and he chews on everything, hands, bib, toys. It all goes to his mouth for him to chew on. But the Dr. said he didn't see or think a tooth was near. I don't know though, it could be in a couple more months.




Here I am in my Bumbo chair with tray ready to try this stuff. I am a little Prince Charming by the way. (He totally has my grandpa's ears)
I was watching mommy mix the cereal with my milk-looks neat.I like the spoon.
Here it comes. This could be interesting.
And it tastes okay. Not too bad, but not loving it.

He did pretty good. He was more interested in the spoon than anything else. I think it will get better with time.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Mayo Family said...

He is so adorable. From what you've said it sounds like he could be starting to teethe. Check in his mouth and you'll see the gums start to puff. Hopefully he'll like teethers :)

taylia said...

My kids were always more interested in the spoon too! So, I started giving them a spoon and fed them with another. They played while I shoved food in there!