Thursday, July 17, 2008

My favorite toy

This is the cricut.

This is the keyboard. You select your font and then you type what you want it to say. It will even cut pictures. You can make cards, invitations or posters for projects.

You cut your paper to fit and put it on the mat and feed it in. Press Cut and it cuts.

Then you have your custom letters or shapes. I made this for my bulletin board that I will be putting up in a few weeks.

If you are a scrapbooker you probably know what this wonderfully magical machine is; it is a Cricut (Not the bug). A gift to people who like to scrapbook. It's funny because I don't like to scrapbook. So you ask "why then do you own this amazing thing?" Because I am a teacher and I use it for my classroom all the time. It is so Fantastic. I use it to make letters for my bulletin boards and it gets utilized a lot. I have used it so much in the last week I can't believe it isn't burned out. It is so great because if I didn't have it I would have to buy expensive cut out letters and sit and punch them out and make sure I don't tear the letter and then if you do you can't use it because those packets only come with 2 of each letter and of course you are already using the other one. Plus they cost a lot. This is a gift for teachers and scrapbookers. All you have to do is buy paper. That's it. You can buy whatever pattern of paper you want and you can make custom letters. The Cricut also comes in a bigger size. I have the baby one, but Justin's mom has the Big one and it is cool. There are lots of programs you buy for it. You plug in the cartridge and start cutting away. (no I am not a sales person for the Cricut). I got this gem earlier this year for my birthday and it was probably the best present ever from my husband.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jessica said...

looks awesome! P.S. I got the invite for our reunion and on the back it says "what happened to..." and you are on the list. It says to report "found" people to email their contact info to research@weplanreunions.com

andreamatrix said...

Dang, that's really cool! I might have to come over and play with that...