Saturday, August 23, 2008

Learning to Quilt


Ever since last year I have been wanting to learn how to quilt. It seems like everyone knows how to quilt and I don't want to be left behind. Last spring I went to Boston and my sister in law Elisabeth took my mom and I to this really cute quilt shop in Arlington. I found this really cute baby quilt and fabric that looked really simple for a first timer. I bought the fabric and Elisabeth copied the directions for me. I just got the fabric out. My mom came over and was teaching me a few things about how to cut fabric and tricks for quilting. I'm lucky because I have my mom and my mother in law who both quilt, so if I have problems I can ask either one of them. This is the beginning of the quilt and if I ever finish it I will post the end result.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: