Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Big News!!

Okay, I know I promised to blog about Christmas, and I will. But I have been so sick the last few weeks and it probably won't get better anytime soon. Justin and I found out on New Year's Eve that I am PREGNANT!! Yes, after a year of trying we were taken by surprise. It is a good surprise, but I think I will be happier when the morning sickness goes away. By the way, whoever named it morning sickness was wrong, I have all day sickness. It has been so hard going back to work. I have had to go sleep in the nurses office both days I have been back.

There is a funny story about how we found out. The week before Christmas my back started to hurt really bad and it kind of hurt when I needed to go to the bathroom. I thought I had a UTI. So I went to the Dr. the day before Christmas Eve. They tested my urine and said it could be an infection, but they would go ahead and treat it. So I started taking the medication. On Christmas morning I woke up so sick to my stomach I thought I was going to be sick. I just thought it was the medicine making me nauseous. Well, it continued and finally on New Year's Eve I was supposed to go ride the new Light Rail with my family, I called and told them to go without me. My mom told me to go back to the Dr. So I called and made an apt. for that afternoon. I get there and I tell the Dr. I feel sick all the time, my breasts are sore, my legs hurt and I feel nauseous all day. She said, "Could you be pregnant?" I told her we were trying for a year and that I just didn't think I was. She said we needed to do a pregnancy test. Well, she came back and said, "It came back and you are pregnant!" I said, "WHAT!! Are you sure? I'm really pregnant?" And so yes, I am pregnant. We are both really happy. I just hope this nausea goes away after the first trimester so I can enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

I will keep you updated. I have a Dr. apt. this Thursday and hopefully they can tell me how far along I am. I was having such crazy menstrual cycles that I wasn't even tracking them. Yes, we are going to find out the sex when we can, because I can't wait. We are talking names all the time and we just can't agree on a boys name.

12 comments:

ellen said...

Hooray! Congratulations! Boston is a good boy's name!

:) said...

Girl! You are not supposed to make me cry. I am so dang excited for you. Now we can be prego together! Where's my tissues. . . Natalee/Natalie is a good name eh? My sister swears by vitamin B6 and half a unisom for morning sickness. But, ask your Doc. he will probably give you something for it. Yeah! Woo Hoo! Yippee!

Elisabeth said...

We are SO excited for you! You have to let me know as soon as you find out your due date- so I know what season baby clothes to send! And of course we are dying to know the sex too- that info is needed before sewing projects can start!
Hope you feel better soon. Being sick isn't fun, but it's worth it.

Blackson family said...

Congratulations Natalie! I am so excited for you!

Sweetpea said...

congrats!

andreamatrix said...

That is just the coolest news ever! Woo Hoo!!!!

THE FLEMING FAMILY!!! said...

HOW EXCITING!!! CONGRATS!!!

Donna said...

I am soooo happy for your two!! I just got goose bumbs reading your post. You are going to be such a wonderful mother!! I am seriously just so excited for you!! Love you both!

Jessica said...

That's very exciting. Congrats!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Yippeee! What a great New Year's surprise. The sickness is no fun. I feel for you. You will make it through and then have an adorable little one and it will be all worth it. Congratulations!

Lindsey said...

Congrats Natalie! I'm so excited for you! I hope I run into you soon so I can give you a big hug! I totally hear you on the all-day sickness thing. It's no fun. It does go away, which is nice. Hang in there!

andreamatrix said...

You need to come to RS. I miss you! I don't have anyone to sit by.