Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry 1st Christmas!!

I love my hat, I really do.
So excited to see what Santa brought me
You talkin to me?

Yeah, I want to open my own presents!

So Duncan's first Christmas went really well. We decided that we would get up whenever Duncan got up. So at 6am we were up taking pictures and opening presents. Duncan was so cute. We tried to get him to open his own presents and he tired, but he couldn't quite get a grasp on the paper. But he did seem to like a few of things. He loves toys that light up. He has a baby Einstein toy that plays music and lights up and he loves it. We got him toys for when he is a little older so mos of the stuff he can use in a couple of months. He is doing so good. He wants to sit up all the time. He tries to keep his head up and he does really well for a few minutes and then it drops down a little. He loves to grab things and make noises with his mouth and he now grabs his feet when he is being changed. He is healthy and we are trying like crazy to keep it that way. We are not letting anyone around him if they haven't had an H1N1 shot and no little kids. It is hard for my nieces and nephews to understand why they can't see him, but one day when they are older I hope it makes sense to them. We just can't take any chances.

Justin and I got each other a couple of things. It was a modest Christmas as we are still paying for Duncan. I told Justin it will be nice when he is paid off. He's more expensive than a new car!! But totally worth it.

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and we hope you have a happy and safe New Year.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

taylia said...

Such cute pictures Nat! He is a sweet little guy. I don't blame you one bit about keeping him away from every body. That is totally me and mine are even premies. Do they know why you had him early? What is the likeliness it would happen again with subsequent babies? Think about you a ton!

love_suz said...

love the christmas jamies!