Monday, June 7, 2010

Disneyland 2010

Our first picture with Mickey, Duncan was too tired to really notice who he was with.
Nana and Papa with Mickey
Tea cups-can't spin this one with dad, he has a sensitive stomach.
We decided last year when Duncan was in the Hospital that after his first birthday we were going to take him to Disneyland. I'm so glad we did. I know people don't think you should take kids until they are older, but it was a lot of fun. The only thing I would recommend is this-if your baby is not crawling yet go- if they are walking go- if they are just crawling don't go. That is the only complaint I have. When they are crawling that is not a good time to take them there. There is no where for kids to get down and crawl so it was a little frustrating for him.

My mom and dad went with us and I was glad they were there. Duncan is definitely a Papa's boy. He wanted my dad to carry him all the time or me. It was so cute watching him just look around at everything there. He was in awe of everything and every one. He loves other kids and older women. He loves the characters- he wasn't afraid of them at all. He met Pooh, Eeor, Tiger, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Rabbit, Chip and Dale, and Pluto and loved all of them. One of his favorite area's was Toon Town and The Bugs Life area in California Adventures. He loved everything except the Haunted Mansion, but that could have been because he was tired, but I think we'll wait until he is older to try that one again. He loved Pirates though. He just looked around at everything on each ride.

He was really good. He slept in his stroller and didn't have a hard time getting him to sleep in the hotel (i was worried about that) and he LOVED the ice cream. Justin and I both agreed that having kids at Disneyland is a lot different than going by yourselves, but it was better in a way. We were just happy to be there as a family.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I just caught up on all of Duncan's birthday posts and Disneyland pictures. I'm glad you all had fun!! It looks like he had a great birthday and I'm so happy for him that he gets to go out into the world now. I wish we could have been there- at his party and at Disneyland!! I miss it a lot, that's one of the biggest downsides of living here- too far from Disneyland! I'd love to take A. to see the princesses. Anyway, I'm glad all is well and I hope you're enjoying summer and time off. My kids get out next Wed. N had graduation last night and M has one next week. We're still super busy with the house, I hope it will be done someday! It seems to be taking forever.
So have you taken Duncan swimming? I bet he'd love it. You should go late in the day though, he's pretty fair. I hope we can talk soon, this house redo is taking all of our time and then some.

The O'Malley's said...

Love the pictures, as always! So excited that you're finally able to take Duncan out into the world. <3

Tamara said...

Yay for Disneyland! He's such a cutie. Let me know if you guys want to come swimming one day soon!