Sunday, December 12, 2010

Missing People

This is a hard time of year when we don't have the people with us that we love. I have already cried thinking of my grandpa, who I miss even though he passed away almost 9 years ago. I think of my friends and pray for their comfort as they go through this season without their babies. It makes me sad that I have friends that have lost a baby. I miss my brothers and their families that live out of state. And then I think of my dear friend Taylia who suddenly passed away earlier this year, and leaves behind 4 beautiful children and a wonderful husband. I was going through a drawer and found some pictures from a singles ward Christmas party from forever ago, and found a picture of Taylia and Jeff. That was the first time they started talking and then they started dating and then were married. Today I was taking more Christmas decorations out and found these stories that Taylia made for me years ago. It was a 12 Days of Christmas gift, a story for 12 days up to Christmas. Even though Taylia and I didn't talk often, she was still a great friend. She always sent me a Christmas card and pictures of her family. They were in China when she passed away. I still have the cards she sent each year.

Great people come into our lives at the right time and she came into mine when I needed a great friend and example.

3 comments:

The Ziegler Family said...

Natalie I had no idea about Taylia. I am so sad to hear that. She commented on my blog in February and because I am so good at keeping in touch (not really) I have not responded. Boy do I regret that. E-mail me and let me know what happened. shannonzieg@msn.com.

andreamatrix said...

Sending you a big hug!

Thanks so much for hooking me up with Ellen.

She is totally awesome!

Unknown said...

According to information, to SuiFenHeShi travel shopping Russian very favour Chinese famous brand sneakers. In buying shoes customers in the step, li ning, especially, 361 degrees, anta etc brand sports shoes become part of Russia's preferred goods.

..............