Monday, February 20, 2012

Where does the time go?

I have not given up on blogging. I don't know that anyone really reads this, but I haven't stopped. It is just been a busy time and having a 2 almost 3 year old keeps me so busy.

We have been keeping busy. We spend a LOT of time in the backyard. Duncan thinks he is part dog. He LOVES to be outside. I don't know what we will do in the summer, I guess swim a lot. Good thing I started Weight Watchers in January.

Oh yes, the joy of weight loss or attempting weight loss. I just hit a point where I need to start losing. We have been trying for almost a year now to get pregnant with no success. I feel this is going to be the same thing all over again ( I just hope not with the same end result of a premature birth). It's not like I couldn't lose it either. So if you have any inspirational thoughts or stories please share. I have lost 5 lbs so far. I just need to be more serious about it. I do like Weight Watchers and I like that I can access everything on my new iPhone 4s. Yes, I love it. It was my Valentines Day present from my wonderful husband.

Anyway, this year has been an interesting year at school. I am teaching 6th grade this year and really don't like it that much. I don't like 6th grade standards. I'm hoping to be back in 5th grade next year.

Duncan is growing so much. He talks all the time. He loves to use his imagination. He loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Mickey Mouse, 101 Dalmatians, Beauty and the Beast and he is in love with Buzz Lightyear and Woody and all things Toy Story. We bought him Buzz pjs and he flipped out when we put them on him. He ran around with his arms out like he was flying yelling, "infndy and beyond!" and pretends to shoot his laser. Then he switches to being a pirate. He loves swords, pirate hats, coins and ships. He got the cutest play set from his Nana and Papa. It has a ship wheel and a spyglass and he calls it his ship and loves to play on it outside.

I have no pictures for this post, but I will add some later.

I started pintrest (took me long enough) and am obsessed with it. It is so fun and I think I will be plenty busy over spring break and this summer as I have found plenty of projects to keep me busy (much to my husbands dismay). I love making banners, not sure why, but there is something about them that is fun and whimsical to me. Duncan enjoys using markers, crayons and he loves stickers. I put a small table in the craft room for him so he can do things while I try to do some crafting, but he always wants to be involved in what I'm doing which can get irksome.

So to make a long post longer, we are doing great, plugging along. I will post again soon.

1 comments:

ellen said...

I'm still reading. :)

Pinterest?!? I love it.

I've never made a banner but I have some ideas for one. I need to get sewing.