Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Who said teaching was easy?



I'm sure that everyone has one of those days or even weeks when they just think, "You know, I just really hate my job!" That is where I am at right now. I'm a teacher and I teach 5th grade with two other ladies and we get along great. The problem is the administration. We have two men running our school, both are ex military and I swear they left their brains on some battle field. They can't remember anything they tell us and they constantly contridict themselves, and then they make us look like the idiots. So needless to say this has been a really horrible week and I am at the point that I am ready to start looking for a new career. So here is the list that the other two teachers and I have come up with:

accountant (I would be an office manager)

    • start up a bakery
    • preschool in the house
    • dog walker
    • dog groomer
    • flight attendant
    • sales person for school curriculum
    • train teachers on how to teach math

    I think I could go on and on of jobs that would be better than a teacher right now. The sad thing-I love teaching, it is just the politics of the job that kill me.

    7 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Cute new bloggy stuff! Whatever you call it. Hang in there every job has it's bad days/weeks/months.
    Thyat's my opinion anyway and wouldn't I know I've had so many jobs outside the home!
    Love ya, Mom

    Anonymous said...

    Oh hey, you should look on Allison's blog and do the color thing and find out what your career should be.

    :) said...

    Hey Nat! I do not know how you keep your sanity with teaching. I would be a horrible teacher. Anyways, I am officially tagging you. Check out my blog for rules. And don't do it if you don't want to. Hope that you have a better week.

    Allison and Nathan said...

    I like your new template - especially the owl. Hang in there. You're a good teacher!

    Elise and Dan said...

    Hey Natalie! Remember me? It's Elise Franklin. Your blog is so cute!

    My parents are both teachers as well as my bro, and love to teach, but they hate all the politics, and stuff. I was actually going to be a teacher, and they kind of discouraged me from it. They always say, "if I could just teach...!" I hope you have a better week soon!

    andreamatrix said...

    In stead of no child left behind, it's no child can move ahead....

    Don't you think....

    Jill said...

    One thing is for sure: you can do whatever you put your mind to. My sister was a teacher for a few years and is now an office manager. Sad that we lose our good teachers (people willing to work so many hours for so little pay and little reward)because we end up with some stupid principal (or whoever) that can't see what they have. Sorry life is so hard!