Sunday, March 29, 2009

Missionary work








Our ward has been talking a lot about missionary work this last month and it has really made me think a lot about my mission. It is true that if you ask Heavenly Father to send you people to teach that he will. The group picture was taking when Kandis Bender (my favorite companion) and I had gone to Sister Benson and asked her is she knew anyone that would be interested in hearing the Gospel. She said that actually there was a young man that wasn't a member but came to seminary and church. His cousins had been baptised, and he really wanted to, but his mom wouldn't give him permission. So she said that she would get all the youth involved and opened her home to all the kids and each week we would have a large discussion like this one. Well, then this other member family with youth attending wanted us to have the discussion at their home as well and we would go between the two homes. Kandis and I loved these discussions. Lemson was baptised and after we left our missions he served a mission as well. He still calls me on occasion just to say hello.








0 comments: