Sunday, September 6, 2009

Back to the Hospital

Sorry that it takes me several days to get to the computer. It has been a hectic week. I am recovering really well from my surgery, still a little sore, but doing well. We took Duncan to the eye Dr. on Thursday and he didn't like the way his left eye was looking. He decided that he needed laser eye surgery. Let's just say that I didn't take that news very well. I think I cried all day. I wasn't so worried about the procedure it was the fact that they had to put him under anesthesia. Duncan has lung disease and I was really worried that something would cause a lot of problems for him. He had a blessing the night before and then another one right before his surgery.

I'm glad to say that everything went really well. He did have to stay a night in the PICU at St. Joe's, but he had no major problems. Everyone was telling us to be prepared to see his eyes that they would be very swollen. When we first saw him they were, but the swelling went down right away and they didn't swell up again. I think people were surprised, but I know that Priesthood blessings really work. He has a follow up in a few days and then we will know if the procedure really worked. I had a good feeling that it did and that he will be okay.

4 comments:

Erica said...

I am SO glad everything went well. WOW!!! You are having so many trials right now! I'm not the only one that thinks you are pretty special. I love your testimony, thank you for letting us know what is going on.

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Sorry to hear about the surgery! Glad it turned out well.

Allison and Nathan said...

Someday you're life will slow down to a normal pace and be less "eventful". You're handling it all very well - hang in there! Glad to hear Duncan made it over another hurdle with flying colors.

taylia said...

Oh Nat! I just had to go back a few months and catch up as I have no blog access here in China. You guys are awesome. Your baby is a sweet little piece of heaven. You look great too. Our prayers are with you always!