Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mommy and baby doing good

Duncan's Aunt Elisabeth made this onsie for him, I love it!! It is so cute. I asked her to make one in a bigger size because I love it.
A rare photo of him with his eyes open.
See any resemblance? I'm still trying.
Aunt Suzi had to give Duncan a bath because she dumped a bottle of formula on him. To be fair I should say that she got it on her too and it was 4am when it happened.

The surgery went well. Arrowhead wasn't that bad, it was bad because my appointment was at 12:30 and I didn't get into surgery until 3pm. But everything went well and I am recovering. It was worse than a c-section because they pump air into your abdomen to move the organs and then you feel that in your shoulders when you wake up, man did that hurt. My mom and sister have been taking turns staying with us-thank goodness for them because I wouldn't be able to have done it without them, and it has helped that Justin took this week off of work.

Duncan went to the Dr. yesterday and he is 8lbs. 7oz. He also had his circumcision yesterday and that was a bit traumatic for him and me. It does look good, but I guess it is a little more painful for the baby the older they are. He did good and we gave him baby Tylenol to help with the pain. He is a trooper.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ben said...

Glad everything went well Nat-hope the recovery goes as well! I can't believe how big Duncan is getting--he's almost as big as ours when they were newborns! Give him hugs and kisses for us...

Ben

Allison and Nathan said...

He's so big! Glad to hear the surgery went well, although it doesn't sound like it was very comfortable. Thanks for posting that - I keep meaning to call you, but I don't want to disturb recovery and baby time. We'll call soon!

Margaret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret said...

SOOOO cute, Nat! Glad you both are on the mend!

Anonymous said...

love to watch suzi use her tongue on his little ballsncock and suck him