Thursday, May 6, 2010

Duncan's Journey

Looking at Duncan like this was so overwhelming. The first night I saw him in the hospital I thought,"I can't do this, this isn't what I want" but I knew he would be okay. The journey would be long, but rough.
Not being able to hold our baby was so incredibly hard. Too many tubes, and lines. Any movement could collapse his lungs.
And then the miracles continued to come. He didn't have a brain bleed, the medication closed the hole in his heart enough that it wasn't a serious problem. He grew. He overcame. Heavenly Father blessed his life and our life too.

And now that 1lb 12oz baby is 20lbs and about to turn one! He is a miracle and a testament that priesthood blessings bring about miracles. I knew he would be okay. Heavenly Father promised that in times of great need and trail he will be there with angels to bear us up. He was there and I felt it and I knew he would be okay.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

O'Malley said...

Those then and now pictures are surely one of the greatest things I've looked at lately. Even though the older ones are difficult to look back on, they truly show the growth and blessings that have occured. It is truly amazing. Way to go, little Duncan. :)

Elisabeth said...

It is a miracle, and he is so cute. Love his Boston shirt!!
We just got the invitation to his party. All the kids were like- we wish we could come! I wish we had tons of money and could come out there whenever we want too!!
We're busy working our butts off on the house. I was over there for about 8 hours yesterday scraping wallpaper glue. Ugh, I'm so sore now. We're making slow progress. I think it will be cute when it's done. I wish you were here to give me opinions on colors for paint and carpet and stuff!

Allison and Nathan said...

It was so great seeing him on the webcam yesterday! Can't believe he's already one!