Sunday, November 2, 2008

State wide Stake Conferences

The church is growing, and it is making it impossible for the 12 Apostles to visit every stake in Arizona. Today we had a state wide Stake Conference that was broadcast from Salt Lake. President Packard was the speaker. He told a lot of stories about his time in Arizona and related some stories about President Kimball. It is an exciting time for AZ, as we will soon have 5 Temples in our state. I think it will be hard to not go to the Mesa temple, but we will have a Temple 20 minutes away from our house. It is very exciting.
President Packard also talked about the election on Tuesday. He encouraged everyone to vote that day. I also encourage everyone to go vote.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Loved it. I voted already.

ellen said...

As long as I'm not barfing, I'll be voting. :)