Friday, November 21, 2008

Tragedy!!


In Memory of my William-Sanoma scallop edged cake stand, green:

I feel as though I have lost a good friend. You were a wonderful cake stand, unique to your kind. Your shade of green brought joy to so many parties. You will be missed. And though your time with me was short, I will always remember you and the good times we shared.


Tonight I suffered a great loss. I am a cake stand addict, and this really was my favorite one. I don't know what happened, but it fell off the shelf it was on and broke. I also had 4 dessert plates that matched and only one really survived the fall. I had to hold back tears. I'm not even kidding. I know it may seem silly, but I love cake stands and this one I found at William-Sanoma last year. Justin said,"It's okay, I'll buy you another one." Silly man, does he know nothing of retail? You can't always find the same thing a year later. It rarely ever happens. The plates I actually bought in Boston on one of my trips at the Outlet store. I really am sad. Please keep me in your thoughts in the coming days.

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Nat, you're funny. I'm sorry about your cake stand, \Id be really bummed too!

love_suz said...

Have you heard of glue? Piece your heart back together silly girl. j/k you could also save pieces and create a mosaic one day. (or you could donate them to my pile of broken pottery barn dishes that I am going to one day turn into a mosaic table...

ellen said...

Condolences in your time of loss. I guess it means one thing--time for another trip to Boston! :)

Jessica said...

that is a sad day indeed

taylia said...

Oh Nat, you've always been great for a good ol smile and laugh. I love you!!!! I cried when I blew up my Kitchen Aid blender just a few weeks ago so I can sympathize!!!

Jill said...

I'll fast along with the prayer. At least I'll fast from cake.

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

So sorry! Maybe you can find a replacement on eBay? We have a blog too. Check us out. gregandnic.blogspot.com We haven't been in touch for ages! I am glad to get an update through your blog.

The Williamses said...

Hey there Nat... I don't care about cake stands, but I imagine it's like how I'd feel if I lost a book of CD's, right? So I can imagine your pain. Chin up kiddo. Time will heal the pain :-)

:) said...

Hey do you happen to have that recipe for potato cheese soup from last night's par-tay? It was so yummy. Thanks! Nat

Lindsey said...

So sad! I have the smaller pink one and love it. Hey - I'm trying to get a hold of you to see if you want to play Bunco on Thursday. I tried the cell number you gave me and I must have written it down wrong. Call me back!

andreamatrix said...

http://www.princessunicorndoll.com/

Well the plate makes me cry.

This will too, but in a different way... check it out.

andreamatrix said...

Hey, where are you? Missed you today....