Sunday, November 16, 2008

Story and a 5K

I don't usually share a lot of personal information, my purpose in blogging isn't to share my personal life. But the last few days I just really felt like I wanted to put this on my blog, so here it goes.

Justin and I are about to celebrate our 2 year anniversary and for a year and a half of that time we have been trying to have a baby. Obviously we have not been able to. It was okay at first because most people don't get pregnant that fast, but then it was 3 months then it was 6 months. The hardest part when you are trying is when everyone around you is getting pregnant and you have to be happy for them because if not you look like a huge JERK. Well, it wasn't just that everyone was getting pregnant, it was people in my family, people I work with and church, that was a nightmare. Everyone in church is pregnant. It is hard to fit in when you don't have a baby and stories to tell. It has been hard. I was depressed for most of last school year. Here is where the 5k comes in. Because I was so depressed last year, I gained a lot of weight, more than I ever have. That was depressing too. I also found out that it is going to be hard for me to get pregnant. The good news just keeps coming. My doctor told me very nicely that it would be good to lose some weight. Duh, who doesn't want to lose weight.

My friend at work decided that she was going to start taking up running. I like running. I ran all the time before I met Justin. I love to exercise, okay I don't LOVE it, but it makes me feel better. So I decided that I am going to start running. I have the Nike + shoes and an IPod nano so I bought the sensor that goes in the shoe. It is AWESOME!! It tracks everything. It talks to you during your workout, it tells you how far you ran, how many calories you burned and some other stuff. I have been wanting to run a 5k for a few years, so I decided that I am going to train and I am going to run the Nienie 5K. I am excited, it makes me feel good. I just hope my knees can hold out. I know a 5K isn't a long distance or anything too amazing, but it is a good start for me.

12 comments:

:) said...

I totally know how you feel girl. I am proud of you for taking a stand! I think you are amazing and you ARE going to be an AWESOME AWESOME Mother! Good luck running!

ellen said...

Good for you! You are inspiring! (I don't have a baby either--darn it.)

love_suz said...

Nat, that is awesome! You will do great and umm a 5k is a lot! I have those nike's but no ipod! But I love the shoe's.

I think you have great stories, w/o children. Your always in our toughts/prayers.

Allison and Nathan said...

A 5K is a lot! Last month, I thought I would take up running. I would only get 2 blocks and then my run would turn into a walk - and continue to be a walk until I got home. It would take a LOT of training before I could run a 5K. Don't get down on yourself about the baby. Someday, somehow, you'll have children. I've learned from experience that when you relax and stress less, that's when things start to go right! Love you!

Erica said...

I am so proud of you! I can barely make it up my stairs without losing my breath! We think about you often.

love_suz said...

I'm up for a 5k if you are =). My mom wants me to run some more. and i have soccer keeping me in shape. I love soccer, and the cute boys who practice with us. They're funny.Anyway You'll be an awesome runner. I wish my shoes did that stuff, no they're just regualr shoes that dont talk.
love aubree not suzie

Blackson family said...

That is great Natalie! Keep your spirits high and you will succeed the 5K. Keep me posted. In regards to the baby...I have had 3 miscarriages in 9 months so I can totally relate. It will happen one day! Stef

andreamatrix said...

Do it! These are the things we need to share with each other! There is power and strength in knowing you're not alone....

Natalie said...

Okay, you guys have really inspired me and I am going to work hard to be ready for the 5k. I got my workout schedule at runnersworld.com if anyone is wanting to start running. You can't just start running, you have to get your body to that point so Allison don't get discouraged, keep at it.

Jessica said...

Good for you on the 5k. I am running in the Run for Nie too. I'll see ya there.

taylia said...

Speaking of exercise...good for you...one other thing...I still have your softball mit! Yes, I keep it for good memories and have even used a few times as well! Good Luck...I'm proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Nat..you are beautiful..not just beautiful you are stunning..inside and out..Justin is a lucky -lucky man..Don't get down on yourself I know how you feel and I think all women have been in your shoes and know exactly what your talking about.. I go up and down to all the time, and when my clothes start getting tight I am constantly thinking what I can do today to lose some weight and get back to my happy size.. But I know Jason loves me no matter what and I cant be to hard on myself I just need to stay positive, but honestly lately dealing with this miserable ex-wife has kinda taken a toll on our whole family.. The kids are stressed out and emotional, Jason and I are irratated and fed-up with her lies and endless harassment and we are counting the days till we won't ever have to talk to her or deal with her again.. Im so proud of you for being such a strong and positive women, sister, wife and friend.. You will get back to yourself and believe me when this baby comes you are gonna be running around like crazy, so enjoy your husband, your sleep, your quiet home and your money while you can...cause girl "a baby changes everything" xox love you.. Melissa