Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Going under

I went to see the surgeon today and I was lucky to get the last spot for surgery this Saturday. If I didn't get it, it would have been another 2 or 3 weeks before I would have been able to get it done. So on Saturday I am getting my gall bladder removed. It isn't that bad. It is a 30 minute procedure and I get to go home the same day. I think I can handle that. I told my mom that I just wanted to check out all the hospitals in the great Phoenix area-West Valley, Banner Estrella, St. Joe's, and now Arrowhead. I should write a review on each one.

It will be nice to be able to eat something other than cold meat sandwiches and chicken. I think I have had my fill of chicken for awhile. They said the recovery time is about a week so here's hoping that is right. My mom and sister will be helping us take care of Duncan. I do like having people here, it makes the confinement to the house a little more bearable, and I'm totally paranoid about Duncan's lungs so only certain people can come over-which is sad because I just want to show this little cutie off. I'm really glad that my family lives close because I have just been so paranoid that I will have another attack in the middle of the night with Duncan home. He can't go to the hospital. So my sister and Aubree spent the night Saturday and my mom has been here the last two nights. Thank goodness for family that's willing to help out.

Duncan is doing better. He seems to be getting adjusted to being home. I think I am getting a better handle on things as well. The lack of sleep is a little more manageable. I really wanted to have my next baby close to Duncan, but I think I need a couple of years to recover from this one. Maybe even 3.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't go to arrowhead

Sweetpea said...

Make sure that you get some meals coming in or something from the ward, let them know what is going on. They can drop stuff off without coming in. And make sure you don't overdo it after surgery! Good luck, we'll be praying for you.

Allison and Nathan said...

I agree with Anonymous - does it have to be Arrowhead? Good luck with the surgery. Take it easy and don't over-do it.

Elisabeth said...

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow, take care.

The Ziegler Family said...

We will be thinking of you. All will be well I am sure.

:) said...

Good luck tomorrow Nat! Here is to feeling much better!

Jessica said...

good luck