Friday, March 4, 2011

Shout Out!

To my 5th grade class for winning Most Creative Door in our schools contest. March is National Reading Month and at school we are having a lot of activities to go with it. Every year there is a door decorating contest and you have to decorate your door based on a Children's book. My class did Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief. (I will put a picture up later, my camera battery died at school before I got a shot of it). They worked really hard on it. The part that won it for them was the lightning bolt that they cut out of cardboard, decorated with glitter and then rigged with lights so that it looked like lighting. We wished the lights blinked, but we got what we could find. I have actually been,for the most part, happy with this years class. Don't get me wrong, I have had plenty of problems with students, but overall I like this class. They went CRAZY when they announced our class. It was so great to see their excitement and then to see it pay off by winning. I don't like to brag, but I just have to a little because I am so proud of them. Then to make it even better, they won the Name that Tune challenge they do every Friday at school. Great way to start their weekend!

2 comments:

Jean Jacques said...

Congratulations! It was really a nice feeling when you that your students are doing something great, it was an honor for you...


Windows 7 | Demand Planning | Houston Car Wreck Lawyer

JoAnna said...

That's awesome. I always get so excited why any of my students win something!!