Sunday, October 26, 2008

Love for NeiNei

My sister Suzie and me.
Mindy Gledhill
Her two daughters (so cute)
My sister Suzi and I went to a benefit concert in Mesa last night for Stephanie and Christian Neilson and the pilot Dough Kinneard. You can read about their story at http://blog.cjanerun.com/. It was a really great concert. The singer, Mindy Gledhill has a beautiful voice. She is a friend of Stephanies and came down to help raise money. The best song was when she had two of Stephanies daughters come on stage and sing this song with her about a mother singing a lullaby to her baby. I don't think anyone had a dry eye. It is an amazing story and my prayers go out to the family. I hope she can recover from this accident. Stephanie is an artist and she does silhouettes and her sister-in-law owes a bakery and they made these silhouette cookies and sold them to also raise money. I had a really great time with my sister and after the concert we went to Neilsons Frozen Custard and had vanilla custard with Captain Crunch Berries mixed in. I thought the same thing before I tried it, YUCK, but it was so good.

P.S. it is pronounced Knee-Knee
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

ellen said...

I'm so jealous that you were at the concert! I've been following Stephanie's sister's blog (she's an amazing writer) and I have read Stephanie's blog for a while. I bought some cool cards in one of the Nie Nie auctions.

Mindy Gledhill said...

Thank you for your kind words, and support of the Nie Recovery Fund!

Elisabeth said...

I'm glad you got to go, I wish I could have come with you guys!

Elisabeth said...

Do you think that was the same mindy who left that comment?

Elisabeth said...

Do you think that was the same mindy who left that comment?

Allison and Nathan said...

hey Nat!...it's Nathan not Allison. I just found out about Stephanie and Christian through Emily Godfrey Craig's blog. I told Allison about it and she told me you had gone to the Mindy Gledhill concert. what a coincidense. also, you might want to change your title to "Love for NieNie"...not to be picky or anything, but that's what big brother's are for.

Anonymous said...

Hi, been clicking random blogs there and found your blog ^^
very interesting, I'm in a long engagement myself, planning on getting married in 2010 still...

Good luck on the wedded life :D

please take time to read some of my simple posts and feel free to link to my blog if you like it ^^

thanks a lot

love_suz said...

The evening was very touching. That family is something else! The sisters singing while holding hands the entire time was amazing. Mindy Gledhill has a fabulous voice, definietly take a look at her website. It was a fun evening for sisters!