Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Taco Tuesday!!

What you will need

I actually didn't use the chili powder this time and only put salt and garlic powder. Make sure you are generous with the salt and garlic powder. I like to use cheese slices-they are the right thickness and size, I just cut the cheese(hehe) in half.

Brown meat with onions sprinkle with garlic powder and salt at some point while browing, but before it is cooked. Once browned, put to the side. I like to set up an assembly line-see my torilla, cheese and meat, the skillet with oil is next to the meat. Put a cheese slice on tortilla and add some meat, fold and put in hot oil.
Make sure the oil is hot before cooking tacos. (I have found that the tacos cook differently in a non-stick pan as opposed to a stainless steal one-not bad, just different). I like to put the taco bottom in first holding it upright with tongs for a couple of seconds, it helps to keep the torilla closed. Yes cheese will ooz out and you might loose a few pieces of meat-but no worries.
Cook taco on each side until golden brown then put on paper towel. I like it like that-it soaks up some oil. I NEVER buy store bought taco shells-YUCK to me. Go to Taco Bell if that's what you like. Not me.


Here is a funny story. I was talking to my sister a few weeks ago and Ky's birthday was on a Tuesday and she was telling me that his girlfriend came over for dinner and they were having tacos. I said "Oh, you really do have tacos on Tuesday? I thought you guys were always just joking around." She said, "No, we've been doing it for 18 years now!!" So I decided that would make life easier for me and Justin happier- he loves Mexican food and tacos are great and easy to make. So it will be Tacos on Tuesday until who knows when. (I get sick of them-maybe).
Posted by Picasa