Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mesa Temple Lights


This was an exciting Christmas year for us. We actually got to spend the day with family. Last year we had to stay home and only got to go to my parents house in the evening for dinner with no one there. This year we got to go do a lot of fun things. Well, they would be fun if Duncan wasn't 19 months old and at the start of his "terrible twos" faze. He was not very pleasant to take to the Temple lights, but it was very pretty. Luckily we went before it was very cold. I enjoy going to see the lights and performances, but let me tell you I will never go on a Monday again;I think everyone was there for FHE. Which is sad because you are there to enjoy the lights and the environment and you can't because it is so crowded you can barely walk on the sidewalk and in hopes of not sounding mean, the missionaries were annoying too. Yes, I said annoying. I know I shouldn't say that, but when you have a toddler that is screaming to get out of the stroller and you are trying to find the rest of your party and the missionary is following you down the sidewalk asking how you are enjoying the lights and if you have any friends who want to hear the message, and telling you that using your cell to get out numbers is good too and all you want to do is scream at him to go away- you can't feel anything. It was nice to go and let Duncan see it and to be with Justin's family, it was just not a good night to go. Either earlier or after Christmas next year.



It was fun to go with my In-laws and our niece Ava and Addie were there too with Kassi and Scott.

I didn't get to take a lot of pictures. Too many people, grouchy kids, husband and I didn't want to stop and hold up a lot of people.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: