Thursday, May 28, 2009

Roller Coaster




You know, it took me years to really enjoy roller coasters. I hated going on them when I was a kid and I would usually sit and wait for my family while they rode. Then as I got older I discovered that they weren't so bad, and I actually started to enjoy them. Now I am on the worst Roller Coaster ride ever, and it is going to keep going until Duncan is home, and then it will probably continue until he has been home a while.

Our little guy keeps having up and down days. Yesterday he was having a hard time breathing. He had a little episode that really freaked me out. His lungs are just so little and they take time to grow. The Dr. (the one I like better) was there and she said that lungs grow until we are 8 years old, (makes sense) and it is long process. We have to be patient. I hate that I have to be patient, I want him to grow and get better right now. But it won't happen like that and I will have to learn to be patient. We now know that he loves to be on his tummy. This is his favorite position to be in. He is gaining weight. He is at 1lb. 14oz and they have increased his feeding to 2cc's every 3 hours. He is doing well, the hole in his heart is closed and we hope that it will stay closed. I have to stay postive, it is hard at times, but I know he is going to be okay. It is just scary when you see him not doing well.


Please keep praying for Duncan and pray for him that his lungs will grow and develop so that he can go off the oxygen.

6 comments:

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

I know roller coasters are not fun at all and this one is probably the scariest one you have been on. We will pray for his little lungs.

The Mayo Family said...

Your family is in our prayers :)

Elisabeth said...

Dear Nat-
We love you and we're praying for Duncan, and you guys. He is such a sweet little guy. I love the pictures of him, he is adorable. I wish I could be there to help you out. Seriously, it's really bothering me that I am so far away and can't make you dinner and do your errands and just hang out and stuff. I'm sorry you're having a rough time, it's totally understandable. You're under a lot of stress and worry. I think you're doing a great job staying positive and hopeful, but of course it's normal to have some down time too. Just try to hang in there. I know Heavenly Father will bless you with strength to get through this trial.
Love ya,
E

ps I love your new template, it's so cute. I love green too! I think you're right about my chair, I'm searching for the right color. I want it to be kind of like an aqua. I wish I had taken some pics of ones I liked in ME!

ellen said...

Sometimes we have to SCREAM when we are on the roller coaster and that's OK.

Stephanie said...

Hey Natalie - my hugs and prayers and good thoughts go out to you and Justin and Duncan!!
Do you guys need anything? House cleaned, food made, girls night out? :)
Please let me know!!!

Allison and Nathan said...

There's something about the ICU that makes babies prefer to be on their tummies. Gillian was only in the ICU for two weeks, but once she got home she would ONLY sleep on her tummy, which made me nervous and drove me crazy! I, too wish I could be down in AZ to help you out. Alas, my kids are still in school and I'm stuck here. Good old year-yound school.