Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What a Change

This little old man was so tiny Justin's ring fit on his arm. He had tubes and wires attached all over. Can you believe that baby is the same as
This baby! He looks so different. In the first picture he looked just like my Grandpa Cothrun, now he looks like my brother Ben. It is amazing what modern technology can do. It isn't how I imagined having my first baby. I didn't want to watch him grow on the outside of the uterus. I told him that when I said I couldn't wait to see what he looked like I didn't mean it literally.

Now that road that seemed never ending is finally coming to an end. The Dr.'s and nurses are about 99% sure he will do fine with his eye exam tomorrow and we are in the discharging phase. As long as all goes well, we will be spending the night at the hospital tomorrow and then on Thursday our baby will finally be at home with us. Then it will be real. Then the sleepless nights will begin.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Williamses said...

All I can say this is :-)

So happy for you guys, prayer really works and Heavenly Father watches out for us!

Allison and Nathan said...

Yeah! Make you sure you check the mail on Thursday when Duncan is home.

andreamatrix said...

How wonderful! He is getting chubba cheeks! Let me know when a good time to visit is. I have a baby shower gift for you.

The Ziegler Family said...

I am so excited for you guys. He looks so good and healthy.

Kylee said...

Words can't describe my excitement for you and Justin! :D Love it!

Sharla said...

Wow! The comparisson is remarkable! Congrats... and welcome to motherhood with sleepless nights and all :)