Sunday, August 2, 2009

Grateful for Family

These last few months I have come to realize how very important family is. I have had to lean on my family for so much during this time, and I am so grateful for them I can't even put into words how much I appreciate all they have done for me.

I am the type of person that I try to do everything myself as best as I can. I have been trying each day to clean a little bit of the house to get it ready for when Duncan comes home. Not to mention that we still have his nursery to get finished. I also had to start going back to work this week, so I have been trying to get my classroom back together as well. I finally realized I couldn't do it all myself so I asked my parents to come and help me with my classroom (which they do every year), but they also asked if I needed them to come and help clean my house. I tried to say no, but I just realized I couldn't do it all myself. They came this week and on Wed. we spent a good 5 or more hours cleaning and decluttering and organizing everything. Then my dad came back on Sat. and worked on our yards and helped Justin finish painting the baby's room. Then he is coming back again this week to finish cleaning some more things as I have to go back to work and the kids come back on Thursday and I go to the hospital in the evenings.

I can't imagine having gone through any of this without my family near by. I am beyond grateful for all they have done for me. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family and parents that, even with so much do themselves this last week, took time to come and help me when I needed it.

Thank you mom and dad for all your help. I love you both so much.

3 comments:

ellen said...

Are your folks looking to adopt?!?

andreamatrix said...

I'm with Ellen, we're up for adoption...

Did you start today? We tried to catch you. Of course you can come over any time while you're on maternity and we will play on CS4.
SO FUN!

Elisabeth said...

Amen to your parents being great, we can't wait for them to come and visit us soon!