Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


We had a nice, but quiet fathers day. We had a yummy dinner of chicken and dumplings and then we had Marie Calendar's pies. I don't think we needed four pies for a small crowd, but I sampled the lemon meringue and it was very good.
My dad is really in to U.S. history (as am I) and we had talked about the John Adams movie that was going to be on HBO and he had said he really wanted to see it. Well my dad, like most dads, is really hard to shop for. He just is. So I was so excited when I found out that the mini-series was going to be on DVD in time for Fathers day. And that is what he got from Justin and I. But he deserves it. My dad is the best dad. He is such a great example to me of service and kindness. He is always willing to help people when they need it. If you need anything, he will do what he can to help you. A week ago I was taking a class at ASU West and because of the astronomical gas prices Justin and I decided that it would be best if I stayed at my parents house while taking the class. So I did, and one night we went to dinner and this man came to the car and gave his sob story about his car being broken down and he was stranded and (my mom and I weren't totally convinced), but my dad gave him money because that is what my dad does, he helps people in any little way he can. So to you this fathers day, dad I say thank you for being a great example of kindness and service and thank you for all you do for me. I love you!














*The Lakers and Celtics were playing today and my dad didn't want to miss any of it. (I hope the Celtics win!Go Boston!)

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: