Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Wedding Story

It was in 2005 when Justin proposed to me after a year of dating. We went on a trip to Disneyland with his family and it was there in a quiet corner near a McDonalds Fries shack that he got down on his knees(or feel from freight) and asked me if I would be his wife. At first I couldn't believe it! I said,"Are you serious?" and he said, "yeah." "Of course I will marry you!" And so as you can see in the picture I tried calling all my family to tell them the good news. Apparently Justin's mom and dad knew he was going to ask me. It was a very happy moment. Then exactly one year later on November 18, 2006 we were married in the Mesa Arizona Temple. It was such a beautiful sealing. The man who sealed us was such a cute old man and he reminded me of my Grandpa who had passed away a few years earlier. There was a really special spirit in the sealing room. It was so beautiful. I loved my dress, Justin's tux, and everything about the day. We had an Island themed luncheon and the food was so good. Justin's mom did a wonderful job arranging everything for that and did a great job with decorations.

My sister Suzi was my Matron of Honor and my best friend Kandis, Justin's sisters Heather and Kassi were my bridesmaids. I also had my two oldest nieces as Jr. Bridesmaids and my 3 younger nieces as younger Jr. bridesmaids. They all looked so beautiful. The colors for the wedding were chocolate brown and pink. I had all my brothers and nephews wear pink polo shirts. They looked so handsome.

The reception was more beautiful than I could have imagined. My mom was so great about letting me decorate the way I wanted it. The tables all had brown table cloths that draped to the floor and center pieces of pink roses and hydrangeas. They were so pretty. The cake was so good. It was made by Pam Bennett and each tier was so good. The frosting was a light pink with brown ribbon going around and in between each tier were hydrangea flowers.

It was a perfect day. We then left the next day on our honeymoon to Disneyland for a week. It was so fun.




Justin's family looked so good that day. Poor Kassi had the flu, but she looked great. She did my hair for the wedding and as I was walking through the temple I could hear people saying how amazing my hair looked and it did. I grew my hair out for year so she could do it. Heather did so much for me that day as well. She did all the flower arrangements and my beautiful bouquet. She also helped me organize and plan many things.

1 comments:

Allison and Nathan said...

Hey - what about the amazing photographers?