Sunday, June 29, 2008

On the Bandwagon...


I bought the book almost a year ago when my friend Alisa insisted it was the best book she had ever read. I read part of the first chapter and just could not get into it. So the book sat around for the better part of the year. As I have been blogging, it has become apparent to me that I am definitely missing something. Everyone at work, church, and on the blog are talking about these books. Who is Edward and why does everyone get all doe eyed when they speak of him? What is the debate between Edward and Jacob? These are questions that had formed from all the buzz. I decided since I have a nice break and I will reattempt the book. When I went to Prescott this weekend I took it with me committing that I would read it; there were two other people reading the books. My friend Donna is so into them. She was almost done with the second and when we went to town we had to find the Barnes and Nobel so she could buy the third. We had some good discussions of the book. So now, I am on the band wagon and it isn't so bad. I can see now why every woman swoons for Edward-He's the perfect male character. I have not finished Twilight, the first in the series, but it is really hard to put down. My advice if you have have been avoiding the book-get on the wagon because there room for more.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE these books. Glad you finally hopped on!!

Elisabeth said...

I agree with your original asessment- I can't stand these books. Everyone I know loves them too so I started Twilight. Halfway through I was like, this book is a complete waste of my time, and I quit reading it. I can't believe an LDS author wrote it, I wouldn't want my teenage daughter reading it, and I can't stand Edward. I do realize that I am in the minority though!
I love your blog background.

Elisabeth said...

I hope I don't get hate mail for my last comment!

rosie said...

Let me know when you finish reading it. I loved the first book, hated the second book, and was ok with the third book. I can't wait to read the fourth book.

love_suz said...

I have not read them, but Aubree was resistant to them as well. I know a friend talked her into reading them towards the end of the school year....now she has the new one being shipped to our house the day it is released!