Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Belated 4th

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. It was very hot here so Justin and I spent a good part of the day inside. Actually I did, but Justin was busy taking our cars to get the windows tinted. Let me tell those of you that don't live in AZ having tinted windows makes a HUGE difference during the summer. I was so glad he did it.

Anyway, after that was all done we went to the hospital, or as I refer to it, our home away from home. We were able to spend a couple of hours with him. He is doing better. He looks a lot better and is tolerating people touching him better as well. If you look at this picture, the pink thing that has a tube in plastic, that is part of his breathing tube. This is what they use to suction the junk out of him. When they first started suctioning him after they found the infection it was bright yellow and today when she suctioned him it was a tanish yellow. She said that is good because it means the medicine is working. YAY!! Also, we were told that the tube will come out when Duncan pulls it out. He did it on Friday, but they are hoping he will keep it in for at least a couple more days. Once he pulls it out they will try the CPAP vent again. He is a little trooper. He is really funny too-he knows when it is time to eat. His nurse said today, without fail, at least 20 minutes before his feed time he would get really fussy and upset and as soon as she would feed him he would settle down.

Also this weekend we went and saw Transformers 2. It was really good, we both really enjoyed it. I thought they did a really good job. I do agree with my sister who thought it was a little long. But still really worth it. Now I can't wait for the next Harry Potter movie to come out.

0 comments: