Saturday, July 18, 2009

Events of the week

Before the play, Nana came to visit Duncan. I think she was excited because Justin and I have been the only ones that have really been able to touch him. If you can see he is holding her finger. We also got him a 2 month present for going into his big boy bed, a mobile. He really likes it. The music is very soothing.
Today Justin and I went to Flagstaff for the day. We went to see Duncan and make sure he was doing good and then we headed to Flag for this Arizona Celtic Festival. It was really cool. Literally, the weather was so cool there that I was ready to buy a house. It was in the low 80's and it rained and felt oh so good. It was a nice relief from the 115 degrees we have been having.
The festival is put on every year. This was our first time going. I was reading the Arizona Kids magazine in the hospital and saw that this was going to be this weekend, and if you don't know Justin, he loves Scotland and all that goes with it. He loves swords and has a large collection of swords. He was really itching to get a sword and I know he really wanted one, but they come with a pretty price tag. He didn't get one, but he had a good time looking at all the cool swords. Also the kilts. Oh my, they were beautiful. The wool was so nice. They had live music and an area for kids, and they had dueling, and the men came out in their kilts. It was so fun.
This was a group of men that won a trophy for Scottish athletics. This log toss, it has a more specific name, but I left the paper in the car and I'm too tired to go get it. I was so mad at myself I was getting ready to take more pictures and the battery in my camera died.
After we left the festival we went to the mall there, it is a very small mall, but it had better stores than Arrowhead. We drove through town by NAU and headed home. We went back to the hospital and Justin got to hold Duncan. He was so cute, he kept trying to pull out his CPAP and I could tell that Justin was getting nervous and I told him this is what babies do. He was also getting fussy because he was sleepy and he was trying to fight it, again I reassured Justin this is what babies do. We got exciting new while we were there, the Doctors came around to get updates on babies and they were talking about Duncan and the Dr. said to put him on high canala flow oxygen tomorrow-so this means NO MORE CPAP!!! For now anyway, and hopefully no more. His poor nose looks like a piggy nose so this will feel much better and his nose can recover and go back to normal. He now weighs 3lbs. 14oz. He is almost 4lbs. I think by Monday he will be too.

So as I said, it was a busy week, but fun at the same time.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

It is nice to hear that you are able to do some fun things, to help you guys deal with the stress and hardships you are going through. No more CPAP! yippee.