Thursday, July 30, 2009

Big NEWS!!

FINALLY- after 2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days, Duncan was FINALLY moved into the intermediate room!! This means that he is now at a level 2. I was so excited when I found out that he had been moved. It has been a long, long journey and I am so looking forward to the end of it. I feel like Frodo in Lord of the Rings, I have to get to that cliff and the journey is long and at times seems impossible, but it has to be done and no one can do it for me no matter how badly they want to. It has been emotional and exhausting
We were told that he will probably only have to be in there for another 2 weeks. He might come home on oxygen, it will just depend on how he does. The Dr. said that she would rather send him home on a small amount of oxygen rather than keep him there where he runs the risk of getting an infection.

I will keep you updated on what the progress is.

4 comments:

ellen said...

He's going to be going to summer camp before you know it! That's great news!!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Yippee! I have really enjoyed hearing about the progress he has made. It brightens my day to hear how happy you are and how well he is doing. What a cutie!

andreamatrix said...

That is so totally awesome!

Allison and Nathan said...

Yeah for Duncan!