Friday, July 3, 2009

We found out today that Duncan has another infection in his lungs. They have him on medicine to help clear it up. It was so sad seeing him today, he just wasn't himself. I guess that is natural because I'm not myself when I'm sick either, but it is just harder to see it on my baby. He was so weak looking and even Brooke said he wasn't himself today. He usually likes to "help" by grabbing tubes and squirming around, but he didn't do that today. She said she was suctioning a lot of mucus out of his mouth as well. Justin and his dad gave him a blessing tonight.

Please keep him in your prayers. We knew that he would have set backs, I just hope this is the extent of them. Little steps each day. He will be on antibiotics for the next 7 days and hopefully his infection will clear up. This will probably delay the removal of his tube since he needs to keep his energy to fight off the infection.

I promise I will take pictures tomorrow.

4 comments:

andreamatrix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andreamatrix said...

Sorry, can't spell...

Baby steps for him. Better that he gets those infections when they are right on top of it.

Maybe it's time to drink one of those beers... :)

How are you and Justin doing?

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

We will pray for him. On the breast milk thing, I have that some breast pumps work better than others on different mothers (depending on your anatomy). There is a lactation store in Phoenix that will let you come in and try out different pumps to see what works. (at least that was the case 7 years ago.) Also, I have heard that more frequent shorter pumping sessions are better than longer less frequent.

auntiem2 said...

I know it is hard to see Duncan sick, but he is in the best place to get the best care right now. I am sure that the blessing will help him get better faster. Uncle Gary and I are coming down next Sunday and are hoping to be able to see Duncan. I will talk to you about it later this week.
Duncan, your auntie and uncle love you very much and you are in our prayers every day, many times a day.

Love,
Auntie "M"