Tuesday, July 7, 2009

On the CPAP


Duncan was switched over to the CPAP today. As you can see, this machine goes in the nose and is held on by the sweet looking head gear. It's better than the tape! He is doing really good on it so far. Keep PRAYING for him that he won't have to have the tube back in. I had a talk with Duncan tonight before I left and told him that he doesn't want the tube again and that he needs to breath and do what he is supposed to do. He does have apnea, and again this is typical for preemies and they do usually outgrow it by the 34th-35th week. For Duncan it will probably be a little longer. He gaining weight. He now weighs 3lbs. 3oz. He is feeling a lot better and the infection is almost all cleared up. He is still on antibiotics for a couple of more days.

My mom and dad will be back from Alaska tomorrow and they said they had a great time and are ready to plan another trip back.

Okay another thing. Have you ever watched Cake Boss on TLC? Well it isn't my favorite show, but it is entertaining. Anyway, I watched a marathon of all the episodes yesterday and in one they made a lobster tail pastry. If you ever go to an Italian bakery and see a pastry that looks like a lobster tail-buy it and enjoy eating it. They are sooooooo goooooood. My first experience with this delightfully, flaky, cream filled treat was in Boston (of course). My brother and his wife took us to the North End which is little Italy. They have a couple of bakery's down there, but the best is Mike's and Elisabeth kept saying we had to get a lobster tail. We did and I was in love. So on all my many trips I always want to go to Mike's and get me a lobster tail, but the last trip I didn't get one-very sad. So I'm watching Cake Boss and thinking I really want that. I did this when I was pregnant too, I craved clam chowder. Not just any clam chowder, I wanted Perkins Cove, Maine clam chowder. I never got it. I guess I won't get my Mike's lobster tail either. That's okay, just one more motivation to go to Boston!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sweetpea said...

Now I want one, too! Guess I should get one when we head out there on the 16th. Maybe you guys can make a trip when Duncan is a bit older and in better shape. We are always praying for him!

Rochelle said...

Yea! I'm so excited about the cpap! That's really great news. I'm so excited to see Duncan's progress too..what a trooper!

Elisabeth said...

We love to have you and you're welcome anytime. In fact, I have a pack and play that Ben was like, can we get rid of this? And I told him I wanted to keep it in case Baby Duncan comes to visit! I'm glad he's doing better and getting closer to breathing on his own. My kids love him and can't wait to meet him someday.

Natalie said...

I was totally planning on coming this fall with him in October, but now I don't think Justin will let me come. But there is always spring break!!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

ahhhh... baked goods. The bakery here is such a temptation.