Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Comforting thought

I went to the hospital today to see Duncan and he was doing much better. He has an infection in his lungs, but they have him on antibiotics and in about 7 days it should clear up.

I had this really great feeling today. As I was sitting by his bed looking at him and just feeling so helpless, I thought "Why do the lungs have to be the last thing to develop?" and this is what came to me: Because the lungs continue to develop and the lungs can be fixed, the brain can not. The heart would be difficult to fix, but the lungs can be helped with machines. And then this was the great feeling I had, that he will be okay. He will have hard days, but you have to be patient and know that he will be okay.

I know that Heavenly Father is watching over him. I know that the Dr.'s and nurses are watching over him and doing every thing they can do for him. It is a day by day process. Each day brings challenge or comfort. I just believe that I have to be patient which is very hard for me because I want to see instant results and it doesn't work that way. Please keep praying for Duncan and his Dr.'s and nurses that care for him.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Nat-
A. wanted to say the prayer for the first time the other night. The first thing she said was, "Please bless baby Duncan." And that was it,that was all she would say! We're all thinking about you guys and praying for you a lot. We love your little guy and hope he continues to improve and his infection clears up quickly.
Love ya

ellen said...

Keep up the good attitude! He's a cute kid. And I love his stylin' shades!!

auntiem2 said...

Nattie you are on the right track. Patience, Patience, Patience! As hard as it is sometimes. I know he will be okay, also. I always get that calm feeling when I pray for Duncan. Heavenly Father is watching over him and the Dr's and nurses. I will echo Ansley's simple prayer, "Please watch over baby Duncan." I love you all very much.
Love,
Auntie M

:) said...

He is a very blessed kiddo to have you and Justin for parents! You can do this! You are an amazing Mom!

love_suz said...

May you be blessed with continued patience and strength as well.

Love you.

Stephanie said...

You know, I've been thinking of you a lot this morning. In fact, check my blog for my latest post - it stemmed from you. :)
I love you, you are an amazing strength to Duncan (and me).

Rochelle said...

You're being so strong! I'm very proud of you and Justin for holding this all together. I totally hear ya about roller coaster ride metaphors. I wish you luck and we are praying for your family!

andreamatrix said...

He's looking so good. I can't believe he gained weight throughout all of this. Why do they have little blinder things on his eyes?