Saturday, June 20, 2009

Doing really good

Duncan is just doing really great. They are slowly decreasing the settings on his breathing machine and increasing his food. He is now 2lbs. 13oz.

My best good friend Christy came and spent the day with me at the hospital. We had a good time sitting with Duncan, talking with Brooke (his nurse) and just talking about what we want to do with our classes next year. We are not looking forward to going back to work. Every year at the end of the school year we have to take everything off our walls and pack everything up. It is such a pain and Christy did my room, her room and moved her room so that we could have a connecting door. She was stressed out, but she was a trooper for doing it. So needless to say we are not looking forward to getting all our stuff out and putting up our rooms again. It really takes almost two weeks to get ready for the beginning of the year. This is going to sound weird, but I'm glad this happened when it did. I'm not glad this happened, but because it happened at the end of the year I am able to save my maternity leave for when he gets out of the hospital and then take my time then. I am looking forward to it. I can't wait to take him home, we still have almost two more months, but they really are going by quickly. June is almost gone and it will be the end of July before we know it and then back to work and hopefully that will help the time pass quickly until he comes home.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Marlowe said...

Hi Natalie!
I saw LeAnn today and she told me about Duncan. I had been periodically looking at your blog, but, obviously, not for a very long time. I'm glad to see that he is gaining weight and doing better. Our daughter was at St. Joes for about a month and a half. She was only in the NICU for a few days, then in the PCTICU the rest of the time. She just turned one this week and is doing great. St. Joe's is great. We were actually there 2 days this week. Wish I had known you were there. I could have visited. I may be there this week to see a few friends who are in the PCTICU. Do you go every day? Maybe I could visit you/take you to lunch/bring you something? My e-mail address is meblodgett@gmail.com. If you think you'd be up to having a visitor, let me know. Good luck and I hope he continues to improve every day!