Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Suzi

(This picture is in 1988, we are in Utah at a wedding- Don't you love our hair!)

Yesterday, was my sister Suzi's birthday. She turned _?_ years old. (I know how old she is, I just don't know if she wants me tell) I have a great sister. She is an amazing person, so I am going to list off just a few things that make her great.
She:
has an amazing heart
has raised two wonderful kids
always giving of her time
always willing to do anything to help her family or friends
very intelligent
the most patient of all the siblings (and that's not an easy thing in this family)
a voice for you when you don't know what to say
a comforter
a great Aunt
A great sister
an advocate for her kids
is her kids biggest fan
is a hard worker
is funny and fun to be around

My sister has been such a huge rock for me the last few weeks. When I went into labor, I knew my parents were at my grandma's house and it would take them some time to get to the hospital. I told Justin to call my sister. I didn't know if she would be able to come, I didn't even know if they would answer the phone. Luckily, Terry, my brother in law, is in the National Guards and will wake to any noise and he answered the phone. When they brought me back to my room after the c-section I opened my eyes and my sister was standing by my bed. It was such a comfort to know that she was there. She stayed with me each day I was in the hospital so Justin could be with Duncan. So when I list off just these few things about my sister, she really is all of them. She is a great and wonderful person and I hope she had a great birthday.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

auntiem2 said...

I agree, Suzi is all you listed and more. You know, I have this big sister,(you're Mom),that has always been there for me, too. Big sisters are Great! Love the picture, by the way! Have a great day. I hope Duncan is having a great day too.

Love,
Auntie "M"

Elisabeth said...

I second all that you have said, we love Suzi too! Oh, and I do love the hair! Long live the 80's. (not really, I'm glad they're over!)

:) said...

Happy Birthday to a great sister! (Sorry I don't know you! But, happy birthday anyway!) Nat, I swear we must have been twins when we were younger, I looked exactly like you, same hair, everything!

Allison and Nathan said...

I agree, Suzi is a great big sister. I always wanted a big sister! Happy Birthday Suzi!

love_suz said...

Your far to generous...thank you for thinking of me!

Ummm that picture? Yikes! I believe that is from the infamous Utah terror trip?!?! Three women/girls trapped in the middle of no where in the middle of the night...armed with an IRON! oh the memories....

Mom said...

Isn't that families are for! To make lasting memories! Happy Birthday to my oldest/ or first daughter. I am certainly proud of both of my daughters. I think that they are awesome people. They have both had their trials. Having babies is just one of their challenges. Thank you both for the wonderful grandchildren that you have given to me. I love you both so very much.

ellen said...

What a nice tribute to your sister. I wish I had a sister.

Amy Denton Benites said...

I thought about Suzi yesterday too. I thought about calling her, but didn't get a chance to. I really like what you had to say. I sure do love Suzi too and I love you. Love the picture. I love finding old pics like this of our family. I hope you are all doing well.

Jessica said...

That's a great picture!!! Sisters are great!