Thursday, June 18, 2009

Famous last Words


Justin swore that he would never change a poopy diaper. Well that lasted until today, today he changed a nice poopy diaper. It was really cute actually. I had to help talk him through it. I don't think he had ever changed a diaper before. I had to even tell him which side was the front and which was the back. He did a good job and I look forward to him changing many more.

Duncan is doing really well. He is on the oscillator still and will be until they can turn the settings down really low. He is now eating 10cc's of milk every three hours and they are still increasing 1cc every 12 hours. So by Monday night he will be on full feeds-this means that he will no longer get lipids (nutrients) but they will add more calories to his milk and he will really start beefing up. The orange cord you see in his mouth is his feeding tube. He weighs 2lbs. 11oz.- getting closer to 3lbs!!

The last few days I have really had the urge to hold him. It is really hard to not be able to. When he gets off the oscillator we should be able to start holding him what they call Kangaroo style. I won't be able to nurse him until he's off the oxygen machines so I am still pumping. I have a freezer full of milk, which means no more room for it, so I am just pumping and dumping my milk right now.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sweetpea said...

Nat, I would consider looking into donating your breastmilk. There are so many families that need it. You can see if there is a local milk bank, or call La Leche League (1-877-4-La-Leche)to see if there are mothers in need of breastmilk in the area. There are a lot of moms out there who want to breastfeed, but can't, but still want their infants to have breastmilk. You could really bless another family.

andreamatrix said...

Wow! I've been gone 5 days and he looks totally different! I'm so excited that he's doing so well.

Elisabeth said...

Wow, the weight gain really shows! I know he's still tiny, but he's starting to look more filled out and like a regular newborn. He even has a little chubby chin look to him. His hair is so blonde! He is a cutie, and he will get cuter and cuter all the time! I'm glad he's doing well, it's a real relief.
I need to call you, I will soon. Every time I get on the phone though, my little poopsie lou makes it very difficult to have a conversation, and she won't take naps anymore. Little stinker!
Anyway, I'll call you soon. I've got three quilt projects going simultaneously that I am a bit obsessive compulsive about, so that's pretty much what I've been doing whenever I can find the time lately.
Wow, that's a long comment. Talk to you soon,
E